Email is a crucial channel of communication between your business or organisation and your customers. You need to get it right in order to maintain great customer relationships and to grow your business’ bottom line.
Great use of email marketing can significantly increase your click through rates, your revenue raised per customer, and it can also decrease your rates for churn-through.
Failure in the realm of email as a business owner, however, can negatively impact your business in a number of ways, including negative brand perception, lowered customer expectations, decreased engagement and revenue, and wasted resources. Once you hit send, there is no going back.
Tips to Avoid Damaging Email Mistakes
- Personalise Correctly – make sure that your personalisation for each and every email is correct prior to hitting the “send” button. Your recipient, language, and location need to be spot on for every email.
- Proofread – nothing looks more unprofessional than misspelling, poor grammar, and missing or inappropriate punctuation. This extends to incorrect banners and broken links. Always use your spellchecker, in the local language, and have at least one other person review your messages before you send them.
- Provide Relevant Information – segmentation of your audience lists is key to getting this right. If consumers receive emails that bear little or no relevance to their own situation, they will tune out, delete, and even unsubscribe from your email lists. This is to be avoided at all costs! Take the time to know who your target audience is and to create and send email content that is relevant and of value to them.
- Mindfully Schedule Emails – never be that business that spams their customer base. You should not send so many emails that you become annoying or lost in the full inbox. Your goal is to achieve positive attention via your emails; make what you do send count.
- Be Proactive – create a list of points to check off before you send your marketing emails. This list might include such factors as:
- Who is my target audience?
- Is my target list of names spelled and capitalised correctly?
- Is my content language and syntax appropriate to my audience?
- Is the copy short, sharp, and concise?
- Is the content of value to my audience?
- Is the message easy to read and action?
- Has the content been proofread?
- Is the send-time scheduled appropriately?
- Are included images relevant and appropriate?
- Are the links live and working?
ClickSend is a global business gateway for email, SMS and other marketing channels. We will be delighted to partner with you to help you achieve premium results for your brand – contact us today.