Have you tried promoting your events using our SMS automations?
The world is beginning to reopen after what has been the most challenging period many of us have ever lived through. Cinemas, theatres, live events, conferences, sporting and community events are finally coming back – yet there’s still a level of uncertainty attached to these. The ever-evolving landscape of COVID-19 means that plans must be fluid and things can change at short notice. This will likely be the case for the foreseeable future, until such a time as the pandemic ends or we live with COVID-19 as we do with seasonal influenza.
In the meantime, the entertainment industry and event promoters are adopting new and better ways to manage everything from the initial promotion of their event or service to alerting customers, audiences, delegates, and patrons of last-minute changes.
Using SMS automation for event promotion and management is a great solution that benefits everyone.
What is SMS Automation?
SMS or text message automation is the process whereby text messages are sent to a list of contacts with little (or no) manual human intervention. SMS automation software is used to streamline communications for everything from user-triggered single recipient messages to marketing bulk text messaging. This makes planning, promoting, and managing your event much easier and more affordable, and enhances the customer experience at the same time.
The simplest automated text message campaign is a follow-up message sent automatically when a subscriber or customer takes an action; for example, texting your business’s keyword. You can also send specific messages at specific times thereafter to keep them updated and engaged.
Advanced automation allows for tailored messaging based on customer actions and engagement. This personalises the communication between business and consumer for unparalleled results.
Why Use SMS Automation?
No other communication channel compares with automated SMS for deliverability, convenience, effectiveness, and cost-efficiency.
Major Benefits of SMS automation include:
- Save time and human resources by “setting and forgetting” messaging campaigns
- Enhance the sophistication of your campaigns for better results
- Eliminate human error and improve the messaging process
Basic Types of Automated SMS
- SMS Drip Campaigns – drive engagement by methodically sending messages. These are distributed at specified intervals based on actions related to your automation system that the user performs.
- Reminders – target specific customers or clients for timely reminders of appointments they have made or events they have expressed interest in. Include digital prompts to confirm/cancel/reschedule appointments.
- Auto Responses – confirm subscriptions, bookings, and payments instantly when a user takes such an action. Provide further information or links to access such, and dynamically drive further engagement.
- Link Tracking – track and trace click-throughs for analysis and future targeting purposes.
- Recurring Messaging – send out regular bulk SMS messages at intervals that suit your business. These include event reminders, sales, and B2B communications and can be sent weekly, monthly, or at any interval that meets your (and your audience’s) needs.
Automated SMS for Event Promotion
Coordinating your event, from planning to promotion to execution, is much easier when you use automated SMS. There are several ways SMS automation delivers for event promotion and management.
Engage your Target Audience
Kickstart your event promotion campaign by raising awareness via your existing subscribers through scheduled text message blasts. Then invite opt-ins
How: set up an Inbound Rule within the ClickSend dashboard such that whenever a contact texts your business number, they are added to a contact list. Then using the Contact Based Automation, you can send a text message whenever a contact subscribes, and at defined times after their opt-in.
- Recruit Event Staff – and manage rosters. Request real-time updates from staff during your event.
- Advertise Ticket Sales – let your subscribers know when and how to get tickets and build anticipation for this.
- Send Confirmations – as soon as tickets are purchased.
- Deliver Tickets Digitally – send tickets directly to your customers’ mobile devices for maximum convenience for all parties.
- Maximise Attendance – send timely reminders for your event and hype your audience ahead of time.
- Keep Your Audience Informed – send automated text messages with updates, emergency alerts, weather notifications, and information about the venue (transport, parking, accessibility).
- Boost Engagement – build excitement before and during the event by broadcasting event schedules, promoting venues, engaging with fans, running pre-event polls and sweepstakes, and directing your audience to captivating content via an SMS attachment or shortcode link.
- Build Brand Awareness and Social Engagement – text video links and social media content.
- Send Day-Of Details – distribute important information to ticketholders first thing in the morning of the event. This includes the event lineup, venue access details, venue rules, parking options, last-minute changes, discounts for subscribers at event venue vendors, and door-open/event duration timing details.
Text message marketing is the ideal way to reach out to captivate and engage with your event attendees.
Which types of events benefit from SMS automation?
- Live Theatre
- Sporting events
- Community events
- Trade shows
- Corporate events
Get Sending with ClickSend
Event promotion is the driving force behind a successful event. SMS automation saves time and improves the customer experience. When used for event promotion and management, it boosts engagement and feeds anticipation. Furthermore, in these uncertain times, it provides an extra layer of certainty and support for your audience and your company.
Partnering with ClickSend for text message automation for the events and entertainment industry is the ideal way to improve your campaign, streamline your operations, and vastly improve the customer experience.
Sign up with ClickSend now for SMS automation, bulk SMS, and much more, and explore how we can serve you. We are here to help you succeed and we can offer expert advice and guidance for everything from SMS integration to user-friendly templates.