Consumers tend to focus more on brands than the products themselves. Relevant branding is essential for any marketing campaign, including email marketing and SMS.
Branding is the first step you take as a business or other organisation – by creating your unique brand you are recognisable and relevant to your product, your niche, and your target consumer. Through your brand, your business or organisation will become more memorable and appealing to your clients or customers.
- According to the Digital Marketing Association, 66% of consumers purchase in direct response to an email marketing campaign
- Email marketing produces an ROI of $38 for every $1 spent (USD, Email Monday)
- Email is 40 times more effective in eliciting new customers (McKinsey)
You need to properly establish your brand and then carry its integrity through to all of your marketing efforts, including email, SMS, RCS, postcards, print media, your website, your physical premises (if you have such) and your social media activity. It needs to be applied consistently across all of these.
Why is My Branding so Important?
Your brand is your individual calling card for your business, service, and product – it sets you apart from the rest and, in particular, among your direct competitors.
Your brand works hard as an ambassador for your business and depicts your business identity. It needs to connect you with customers and be:
- Visually appealing
Benefits to your Email Marketing Campaign of Effective Branding
When you extend branding to your email marketing campaign, your efforts pay off:
- Subscribers will instantly know who your emails are from and why they are receiving them.
- Your emails will be opened and read your emails because they know the contents will be of value to them.
- Subscribers will look forward to receiving your emails
Your email recipients will be able to see who you are, what you offer, and why they should remain as subscribers.
You should build your email marketing campaigns around your brand identity. Who are you? What is your point of difference? What solutions do you provide for your valued customers?
Email marketing sets you apart from your competition. It is a cost-efficient strategy and your email newsletters familiarise your brand with who you are and what you offer. A great email marketing campaign delivers on all fronts:
- Establish your brand
- Foster customer loyalty
- Leverage marketing ROI
- Minimise unsubscription rates
ClickSend is a top Australian-based SMS and email marketing partner and we can help you design and deliver great campaigns through our world-class email marketing platform. Contact us today.