SMS Reminders – Are They Part Of Your Customer Engagement Strategy?
SMS marketing isn’t all about promotions and offers it’s about building a relationship, building trust with your customers. One of the great ways an SMS gateway service can do this is through its capacity to send SMS reminders.
What Are SMS Reminders?
If you operate a business that requires clients to make (and keep) appointments, appointment reminders can make an enormous difference in no-show rates. This is critical for you as a business operator, as the pace of modern life means that time availability can be scant.
Forgotten appointments cost a business – both in lost time and also in lost revenue. The solution lies in sending out appointment reminders – and while in the past this was achieved with a voice phone call, today SMS is a much better solution.
SMS Reminders are cost-effective and efficient:
- SMS achieves delivery and open rates of over 98% and response rates of at least 70%.
- The average person checks their mobile phone fifty times per day.
- Fewer than 5% of scheduled appointments are missed/cancelled following the receipt of a reminder
Automated SMS reminders deliver an array of other benefits to a business:
- Saves time
- Saves money
- Helps ensure smooth, streamlined processes
- Reduces no-shows
- Convenient and unobtrusive – keep clients happy
Tips for Using SMS Reminders
- Keep Your Message Concise – keep character count to a minimum and include the date, time, location and reason for the appointment. Also, include a call to action (e.g. “Reply YES to confirm or call ******** to cancel or reschedule”).
- Personalise – greet the recipient with their name – this is important for client satisfaction, client trust, as well as to maintain the integrity of your brand.
- Time your Message – you don’t wish to send your reminder too early or too late. Too early and the risk of a no-show remains as people forget. Too late and if the appointment is rescheduled or cancelled, chances remain higher that you’re left with an open appointment that you’re unable to refill. Best practice for most enterprises is to send appointment reminders 24 hours prior to the appointment time. Some businesses find that 48 hours prior works better for them. (This is where monitoring your analytics becomes valuable).
- Make it Simple – make it easy to confirm with a simple text message reply – “Y” or “YES” – and ideally, have a facility to text back to cancel or reschedule.
- What Does your Client Prefer? – A majority will be delighted to receive reminders via SMS; others will still prefer email or a voice call. When initially booking appointments, ask the client which form of communication they prefer – note that many older clients, in particular, will be more comfortable with more traditional forms of communication.
Use appointment reminders for business, corporate, banking, accounting, B2B, health and medical, school, and an array of other organisational types to improve the overall operation of your business.
To partner with ClickSend for our SMS portal and other services such as email to text, contact us today. We look forward to hearing from you and together, exploring how we can help your business grow and prosper.