Tips for a Mother’s Day Email Campaign
Mother’s Day will be here in just a few weeks’ time. Since most people shop at the last minute, this is a perfect opportunity to take advantage of the potential benefits of a Mother’s Day email marketing campaign.
Mother’s Day represents one of the biggest revenue opportunities for many businesses. It elicits action from consumers more than any other holiday – it is independent of culture or religion. And people are more inclined to want to spoil their mum to some extent than any other person.
To captivate the attention of consumers and turn them onto your brand, creating and delivering a compelling email campaign is one of the most effective and cost effective things you can do.
Here are some basic tips for crafting a great email campaign for Mother’s Day:
- Plan Ahead. Make a projection calendar for high marketing level events such as Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, and Christmas. When you can see exactly how long there is before each event on the calendar, it’s easier to put plans in pace in a cohesive and effective way. You’ll also be able to keep track of where you are at and where you need to be.
- Who is your Target Audience? Are you targeting fathers, or adult children? Also consider your age demographic – are you targeting a young, middle aged, or more mature buyer? Design your campaign with your product and your audience in mind.
- Create Captivating Content. You need your audience to sit up and pay attention right now! Some ideas for this include:
- Don’t Forget Mum!
- A Free Mother’s Day Gift with every order
- Freebies for Mum
- How to Spoil / Say Thanks to Mum
- Timing is Everything. You need to make sure your email campaign is live ideally two weeks before Mother’s Day; yet even a week or a few days out will elicit responses thanks to the habit so many of us have of leaving things until the last minute.
- Target Customers from Last Mother’s Day. You should absolutely target last year’s customers with this Mother’s Day email campaign. You’ve spent time and money to acquire them in the past – so make them the first priority when devising your mailing list. Even offer an existing customer discount.
- Showcase Mum-Centric Products. Target your emails to specific products which are likely to be purchased as gifts for mums – for example, a new lawnmower might not do the trick, but a home foot spa will.
Create a gift guide and offer something a little different. This way, when mums all over Australia open their gifts this May 9th, they will be pleasantly surprised – even if it was a last minute purchase!
Contact ClickSend today to discover more about how we can help you with email marketing.